Sailing for Individuals - Cruises in UK and Mediterranean
Most people on our cruises have not met before, and as a result the atmosphere is friendly and there is a spirit of adventure amongst all aboard.
Gwennili Trust offers a range of cruises that last between 5 and 7 days.
All trips are led by experienced RYA qualified sailors to ensure the safety of clients at all times. Skippers are qualified to RYA Yachtmaster Offshore with Commercial Endorsement. Voyages normally consist of three crew (skipper and two mates) and 4 or 5 clients.
- Each member of the trip pays £20 per day towards the cost of chartering the yacht.
- Clients should also budget for an additional £10 per day to cover fuel and berthing costs.
- Evening meals are usually eaten ashore at individual expense.
The majority of voyages are based on the South Coast of England, but we also operate in Scotland and organise one trip in the Mediterranean each year. To give you an idea of what to expect the photographs on this page are from various sailing trips in 2017.
The 2018 cruise itinerary is shown below.
South Coast Cruises for 2018
- May - Cross Channel Cruise - 18 to 25 May 2018
- June - South Coast Cruise - 24 to 29 June 2018
- July - Cross Channel Cruise - 14 to 19 July 2018
- August - South Coast Cruise - 20 to 26 August 2018
- September - Cross Channel Cruise - 1 to 7 September 2018
Scottish Cruises for 2018
- 28 May to 3 June 2018 from Largs
- 16-20 July with Able2Sail from Inverkip Marina
- 28 August to 2 September from Inverkip Marina
Mediterranean Cruise for September 2018
We will conduct a one week cruise on two Bavaria 50 yachts in the Ionian Sea, 23-30 September 2018. This trip is open to both disabled and VI clients and will, we hope, provide gentle day time cruising with the tempo of a flotilla holiday.
The cruising area is the inland sea area which is bounded by the mainland coast and the islands of Lefkas, Kefalonia and Zakynthos. We plan to crew the yachts with able bodied crew who are appropriately MCA/RYA qualified and up to 8 clients; 2 of whom could be VI. The anticipated cost for the 7 day Ionian cruise will be £700 per person, this price includes flights and transfers in Greece.
If you are interested in joining our week in a yacht in Greece in September and you could climb the companionway steps on board, please email me email@example.com